Tuesday, March 19, 2019

'We can make a difference': Voices of school climate strikers from around the world

As thousands of youth take on the streets to demand for urgent #ClimateAction
DW (Deutsche Welle ) German's public broadcaster, collected our views via  WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE web post on the channels website.

In my message I hint about Uganda's state of climate, what we can do about it and what fellow students can do to push forward the call towards active involvement in taking #ClimateAction.

'Development should not be at the expense of our future'  striking in Kampala, Uganda
My message as published by DW (Deutsche Welle ) |  @dw_environment

We can make a difference  — Nakabuye, 20, Uganda
One of my professors told me climate change is God's plan and was meant to happen. I've tried to inform some teachers but many think they have more information just because they're older. I tell them climate change is real, and it is our responsibility to do something because we can make a difference.
Desertification is already happening in Uganda so if we don't act now I don't think there will be life in decades to come. Sometimes you wake up and some parts of the rainforest have just disappeared. Then there is the planned oil pipeline in Hoima district. And plastic pollution is absolutely everywhere. We need development but not at the expense of our future. We have a chance to switch to renewable energy. Active participation and inclusion in issues affecting our lives is crucial, especially when adults are prioritizing profit. I'm passionate about making change: I can't stop thinking about it. If it's not us, then who else will do it?..........................................READ MORE
Interview was by: Holly Young | @holly_young88 | @dw_environment  

No comments:

Post a Comment